Greater Manchester Social Enterprise Summit: Working Together to do Business For Good
– Social Enterprise Day: Thursday 15th November 2018, 10.00 – 16.00
– St Peter’s House, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9GH
– The event is free for delegates to attend, including lunch, due to the generosity of sponsors.
Greater Manchester is the home of the co-operative movement and at the forefront of current thinking about inclusive economic growth. Social enterprises are a vital element in creating a more inclusive economy. We are collaborating across the private, public, voluntary and academic sectors, led by social enterprises themselves, to build a strong social enterprise movement in Greater Manchester that includes and empowers the people and places most disadvantaged in conventional markets. We hope this event will showcase some of our fantastic social enterprises and inspire everyone to support a new GM Social Enterprise Strategy to encourage the development of many more.
Throughout the day there will be a marketplace of social enterprises and a programme of panel discussions and workshops exploring topics such as the lived experience of the social enterprise journey, social enterprises working with private and public sectors, and digital innovation. The summit will be chaired by Rose Marley, co-founding CEO of SharpFutures Manchester CIC. The day will culminate in the launch of the GM Social Enterprise Strategy by the Mayor of Greater Manchester.
This event is for:
- Social enterprises, co-operatives and mutuals that trade for social or environmental benefit
- Businesses and organisations interested in buying from them or supporting them
- People who are considering starting a business as a social enterprise or mutual
Developed and delivered by GMSEN www.gmsen.net
Sponsored by The University of Manchester Intellectual Property UMIP, The University of Manchester Office for Social Responsibility, GMCVO, One Manchester, Trafford Housing Trust, Equity Housing Group, Anthony Collins Solicitors, Beever and Struthers, Charity Bank, First Ark Social Investment and Shared Future CIC
BUY TICKETS by clicking the button above, or go direct to Eventbrite here